April 5, 2017
What you should do:
- Remember this week is online, but the classroom is available to you!
- Read the required reading as listed
- View and participate in the activities for this week
- Plan some time with your group to finalize your EBP policy paper for submission
- Do you need to meet with your DST group to run a practice presentation?
- Have you started your ePortfolio?
This week you are participating in some online activities as outlined below. In addition, you have the opportunity to use some class time to finalize your group work, either final edits for your paper due this Friday April 7th, or time to work on your Digital Storytelling final presentation.
Padlet Activity: Review the AACN Essentials of Baccalaureate Education and focus on one of the essentials to address in the padlet. Consider the expectations of the essential you have selected; how you have met the essential in the last three years.
Spend some time reflecting on the past three year. Who has been your support? What challenges have you overcome? Where do you see yourself in a year? What do you want to reflect about your growth in your eportfolio?
Choose a certification: Complete either the NIHSS Training or the Disaster Preparedness Training, and print the certificate. The training and tutorials can take up to 3- 4 hours.
- NIHSS Training: You need to register to create a login. Review the training materials and complete “Instructions and Training”. Then you will select a Test for Certification. You can come back every 2 years to renew.
- DIsaster Preparedness Training: You need to create a student identification number (SID) – follow the instructions on the page and then complete the training IS100.