April 12, 2017
What you should do:
- Read the required reading as outlined below
- The next exam is coming up, are you prepared?
- Morton Chapters 34 (CI Learn Resources)
- Nutrition in Neurocritical Care
- Enteral Nutrition Protocols ICU
- ANA Issue Brief “Who Will Be There?
- Check it out and we will discuss in class: disasterpreparedness.org and CDC Emergency Preparedness and Response
Classroom Learning Activities
- Pathophysiology of GI Quiz Review (for your review as needed)
1000 am Campus Emergency Alarm Test
- Nutrition Research Activity
- In-class Case Study Question and Answers: GI Bleed
- Video Level One Trauma
- Trauma Care Activity
Choose a disaster that has occurred in the last 10 years (in the United States or internationally). Research the event online. Blog your report about the event specifically addressing the healthcare perspective. What were the barriers for providing and/or accessing healthcare? Who responded? How long did it go on? How did socioeconomics and environment impact the event and environment? What type of trauma care would need to be provided? Imagine being a healthcare provider during that event. Are we better prepared for the next disaster?